We purchased a vehicle in 2014 from JDByrider and were financed through CNAC. We recently had some health issues that did not allow us to be able to make full payments on the vehicle. Our account manager was very helpful in dealing with making alternative arrangements for payment.

Last week the vehicle was totaled out in an accident. Monday morning, we took the Power of Attorney to the local CNAC office after they had informed us that they had a Notary Public in the office to help with the paperwork. We signed the Power of Attorney and the young lady at the desk took the paper and told us "I know what to do with this."

This morning (Friday), we received notice that we needed to make a scheduled payment on the vehicle.

We contacted the insurance company to see how soon the full payment would be made and were told that they were waiting on the Power of Attorney to be able to issue the check.

I contacted our account manager and was told that a payment would need to be made to avoid a late payment report on our credit report. She did not seem to know where the Power of Attorney paper was mailed to, but assured me that they mailed it.

I asked for a copy of the paper that they mailed to "wherever" and when I received it by email, it was NOT NOTARIZED!!!! The account manager went ahead and notarized and I have submitted this to the correct Auto Auction, as required by our insurance company.

I would like to speak with someone regarding the late payment reporting on our credit since this is NOT, in any way, our fault and should not be reported as a late payment. If the local CNAC had done what we asked of them in the first place, the payment in full would have already reached their office.

Preferred solution: retract any late payment report on credit report..

Comments

Bobby Jones
#1519702

Why is that ? I’m sorry I made an account after my comment

jmhood69
to Bobby Jones #1519977

Is the insurance the one that CNAC uses, or is that one that you chose when you bought the car??

#1519696

Hey I’m currently going threw the same thing and have a couple of questions in mind because although we finanaced the car and it’s marked totaled out . The insurance company issues them the check as if they were paying them monthly . Why is that ?