CNAC Financing - Do not buy from JD Byrider

Jul 07, 2008
review #126550

I purchased a vehicle from JD Byrider in July of 2007 and was told at that time that if I made all of my payments on time that Russ Darrow their co-company would gaurantee me financing into a brand new vehicle.I had all my payments directly withdrawn never was late or missed a payment in over a year.

I went back after my year was up and they told me that I could not trade in my vehicle until I paid off almost the full balance. I paid $11,000 for vehicle that isn't worth half of that.

I wish there was some way I could get out from under the horrible debt.

9d49684
Had an experience with CNAC Financing?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Happily free

Aug 30 Davenport, Iowa

They didn't inform me of the price of a 2003 chrysler pt cruiser until we were signing papers being priced at $10,500 with interest bringing it to $15,000. The cars value in excellent condition would be $3,800, and this car has some rust, cosmetic paint damage and was missing minor components. I returned it in less than a week after doing my own research, thankfully after heated discuss with the "owner" of the site he released me from the contract. Apparently the additional $8,000 was for their warranty which covered a reasonable amount but price was to pay it should cover anything and everything for free.

dirty redds

Aug 28

My wife and I had no choice but to go here. Where else can one have *** credit and drive off in a car for a couple hundo! Yes, they prey on less fortunate people,yes the cars and business itself are shifty. I honestly believe my car was a flood case . The contract was long and videotaped while we read and signed. Yes they suck but they helped when NO OTHER would. Be cautious but if you are in a bind they can help.

0 1 Reply

Oct 24, 2013

It is a well known fact that "buy here, pay here" lots sell vehicles for double true value. This is common sense. If you worry about blue book value after purchase it's too late!! These are things you look into BEFORE purchasing. A sales person is there to do just that....sell an item. If you believe everything they tell you then they did their job. It's your duty as a consumer to research: this means actually reading into what your getting yourself into. You can be mad at the sales lot or the finance company all you want, but at the end of the day it was you who decided you wanted what they were selling.

1 1 Reply
T. Isaiah

Sep 12, 2013 Overland Park, Kansas

I would like to state that I have a car with them - they financed me when no one else would -- but I was told multiple times and signed 2 papers stating CNAC does NOT allow late payments they warn you during the signing that it is best to pay at least one extra payment just in case you run into issues with cash - so stop complaining and look through your papers you signed it o_O and nope I dont work for them or know anyone who does just common sense

T. Walker

Sep 06, 2013 Quincy, Florida

I've dealt with buy here pay here companies that are nicer than jdbyrider. I purchased an 04 Dodge Stratus and I've been paying on it for 2 years. Never missed a payment, until some company garnished my check. I notified jdbyrider and asked for a two week extension. They told me to send in proof that my check was garnished and proof that I was fighting it in court. I did all of that and they told me to either make the $173 payment or turn the vehicle in by COB that day. I will never buy a piece of bubble gum if it's called cnac or jdbyrider. They know that they have you because of your credit situation. I will never buy anything else from them.

Kim

Aug 03, 2013 Dellslow, West Virginia

I. Got a car from jd byrider was told at the time I got it by the sales man he job it to rebuild credit not sell cars and if I ever needed to bring it back it would not affect me or my credit in a bad way. Two years later I never late of missed a payment I lost my Job an could my afford to keep it. Well the sakes man was full of *** . I swallowed my pride and went to return it car and was told i am a lier that would have never been said and was told it would count as a repo and would still have to pay the balance on the car. Well I still have it every time something goes wrong with it I have to fight to get it worked on I am paying 19,000 $ for a car only booked for 6,500 . Should be against the law :cry :( :(

0 1 Reply
JLC

Jan 16, 2013 Augusta, Georgia

Bought a car last year from JD Byrider and was ALSO told that if I made the payments on time for 1 year that I could trade it in for something newer. WELL when I asked, I was told that you had to owe less than $1500.00 on the car before they would do a trade. I realize they work with those of us who are rebuilding our credit, but paying twice the blue book price for a used car and then being lied to about the trade ins etc... so we are all stuck with vehicles that we are upsoide down in on trade ins with another dealership...

J.DWillrobbyoublind

Nov 19, 2012

I bought my car back in 2008 when I left the Lot my air conditioner stopped working. A week after they fixed it my stater and transmission went out. I paid over 12,000 for 2003 Ford, Taurus. Not only that I had to come out of pocket for any work. Cause they had. Closed the dealers down in.Arizona. these people at the bank kept reporting mme to the credit bureau and I was never late. These people needs to be investigated. Don't never ever buy a car from them. You will be better off and Drive Time. Which is Also bad.

jdbyridershouldbeinvestigated

Nov 18, 2012

My husband purchased a car from JDByrider. It had 74,000 miles on it! As soon as he drove it home 2 miles (like less than 10 minutes after signing papers) the rear wiper would not shut off. JDByrider said not responsible! The air quit, wheel bearings need replaced, dash board has huge crack, no paint on hood, and we had to replace the timing belt!
On the loans, the purchaser MUST PAY EVERY SINGLE PENNY of INTEREST BEFORE PAYING A SINGLE PENNY ON PRINCIPAL! I even wonder if that is even entirely legal?
My husband's PT Crusier is only worth 2500 and he had to purchase the car for 11,900. Is that even legal? Did you also know if the purchaser is even one day late on licensing the vehicle JDByrider will pick up the vehicle even if all payments are perfect.
JDByrider also keeps a key to your vehicle for WHEN they repo it.
As far as truth in advertising cars are NOT reconditioned. With all the problems my husband's car had all JDByrider did was repalce with a battery that was too small for the car before he purchased the vehicle. Warranty does not cover electrical system. Warranty also does not cover the heater! When I asked about this salesperson said a heater was a LUXURY. Is not freezing to death a luxury? Or is being able to see out the windshield and use a defroster a luxury?

very happy customer...

Sep 15, 2012

:) ive had no problems with jd. i bought my car 3 years ago. my car runs perfectly. yes i over paid for my car but that was expected i had no credit and didnt have enought money for a huge down payment. theyve worked with me throught job loss and going on bedrest. i was late on a few payments and theyve always worked with me. i asked them the change my payment dates they did it and had no problems with it. i am very thankful that gave me the chance where as any other dealship couldnt do anything. :)

Hmmm

Mar 12, 2013 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

If your such a happy customer, what are you doing on this site? Everyone knows by now that JDByrider does not sale quality cars. This is no secret. They are a sham and should be closed down. :(

shell

Aug 06, 2013

You are one ib very few my rep has never ever worked with me even though I have proof of medical issues so know u r blessed few

Biggest Mistake Ever

Aug 09, 2012

This had to be the biggest mistake of my life i would never recommend them to anyway they know what they are doind is cruel and unethical im trying to see can i trade it in or just get a new car and let them repossed that *** because i cant take it they are sooo rude and slow

hate jd

Apr 16, 2012

they prey on people. they hope you will be 1 day late because they will not except late payments and will come repo your car no matter how many payments you have mad on time

Kristina

Feb 17, 2012

JD byrider is a joke. Do not buy from them, we are paying 16000 for a 2500 car. It's a piece of *** and there are more problem with the care then anything. They claim they have a service department but they have no idea what they are doing. stay away

0 0 Reply
Well lets be honest if we had

Jan 02, 2012

Jd is giving us a chance to prove that we can be loaned money and pay it back on time. We as people with bad credit have no right to get mad at jd when they are not willing wait for a payment jd has no real reason
To trust us but they are giving us a chance.
I needed a car I had it really bad, me and my to kids walking through snow rain and hail. I was tired jd was the only place to take me in and im greatful .yes there were times I wasnt happy with them but thats life
In the end I payed my car off its been 4 years and im goimg back

DONT BUY FROM JD

Dec 30, 2011

dont ever buy from them EVERRRRRRRRRRR

nicolette7202

Jul 05, 2011

Need to find a way to take action, am going to write to the Attorney General of Illinois to have JD Byrider/ CNAC investigated.

Thankful

Jun 21, 2011

I need a new car andwent to their Easton location but after reading all this I will sell my car and pay cash to a real dealership...thanks guys

Irritated

Jun 21, 2011

I bought a pontiac grand prix back in September, have always made my payments on time. I got laid off work am now on unemployment between the time of waiting on my unemployment my parents help make a few payments since I pay twice a month. Well, I called today and asked if I could pay my payment on Monday rather than this friday so they are only waiting 48 hours I even offered my cc number to them to run 1st thing Monday. They told me they were unable to do that and I needed to find someone who could possibly help me out. I am furious because I have been patient with the waiting everytime I need to take my car in 1st time my key kept getting locked in the ignition and I would have to leave in there and hope no one stole my car had to wait a month in half for an appt to have it fixed. And last month my air conditioning went out and my appt is not till July I am also 8 months pregnant and have a 6 year and have to wait this long to have my air fixed. So, I don't care at this point anymore they are getting their payment on Monday!! I have been nice and a great customer but I have had it with this place!!

1-20 of 41 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about CNAC Financing.
Filing a new complaint about
×